Front End Engineer who is passionate about creating beautiful experiences, writing clean, efficient code and maintaining modern standards.
- Tools/Environment - Node.js, Git, webpack, Jenkins, Rancher, Chrome DevTools, Jira
- Frameworks/Libraries - React, Redux, Next.js, GatsbyJS, jQuery, styled-system, EmotionJS, Jest
Testing - Unit, and integration testing
AutoGravity - 2018 - Present | Irvine, CA
AutoGravity is a fintech startup that offers mobile and web-based applications that connect car shoppers with dealers and lenders to provide transparent financing and leasing options for the cars they want. The company's primary investors are Daimler and Volkswagen.
Web Engineering Team
- Architected new front end stack for internal tools
- Designed new Contentful CMS data models and migration scripts for SEO content pages
- Rewrote the multi-step credit application to improve maintainability
- Performed production releases and created docs to standardize the front end release process
- Created utility libraries to assist unit testing Redux connected components
- Transitioned team to TypeScript to improve developer experience and confidence
- Mentored junior front end engineers in React patterns and front end testing practices
iHerb - 2016 - 2018 | Irvine, CA
iHerb is an international e-commerce platform with more than 35,000 nutritional supplements products and brands domestically and internationally.
Catalog Engineering Team
- Co-led front end re-architecture from global jQuery into reusable Browserify modules
- Improved homepage TTI by 16% by lazy-loading below-the-fold images and content
- Built reusable Sass mixins and partials to standardize product styles across teams
- Removed render jank with runtime performance profiling and optimized CSS animations
- Performed Staging merges and deployments on a monthly Build Engineer publish rotation
- Created TFS migration scripts to improve cross-team collaboration across branches
- Designed learning-path docs / exercises to onboard team members into React / Redux
- Led onboarding for new front end developers
-- Prior to 2016 I was a product manager for several projects in Beijing and Shanghai, China --
FabriQate - 2013 - 2014 | Shanghai, China
FabriQate is an ideas-led innovation lab working with clients to launch innovative mobile and digital experiences.
- Delivered two immersive experiences for Ford at the Beijing Auto Show 2014
- Led product UX direction for Google Glass and Leap Motion gesture interactions
- Led Ford stakeholder presentations and C-Level demo sessions for pre-auto show rollout
StoreHub - 2013 - 2014 | Shanghai, China
StoreHub is a Beautiful, Cloud Based Store Management System for SMEs. StoreHub combines iPad POS, Inventory & Customer Relationship Management with enterprise features in a beautiful and simple User Interface.
- Prototyped StoreHub’s tablet and desktop UI / UX and created assets for the iOS tablet app
- Created StoreHub’s web, print, video sales and marketing collateral (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro)
- Led customer support, customer implementation, and customer training
Guohe Ad Platform - 2013 - 2014 | Shanghai, China
Guohe Ad Platform is China's first Mobile Ad Mediation Platform, focusing on providing the most innovative solutions for advertisers and developers. Guohe Ad provides Ad Mediation, Yield Optimization, and Ad Serving and Data Metrics services to thousands of app developers and brand advertisers.
- Delivered immersive mobile ad formats for luxury brands, including Starwood Hotels and Gucci
- Led boutique UX consulting to localize Starwood Hotel’s SPG loyalty mobile app for the Chinese market
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign - 2004 - 2008