We’ve finished our first two weeks of class, and it’s been a great experience so far. I definitely feel a lot more comfortable creating things with HTML and CSS. I had some background in being able to read HTML/CSS since I dabbled in SEO and UI design in the past, but being able to create things from scratch is a load of fun! I found that the first two weeks of the course were manageable, though there were definitely days when I went home completely brain-exhausted, but I guess it’s called a bootcamp for a reason!
I wanted to show off this little fixed navigation bar that I created with HTML and CSS. I’ve been having fun adding in some subtle animations and touches.
- subtle box-shadow on the white navigation bar to differentiate it from the body
- breadcrumbs underline on the Home link, to show where the user is
- :hover and transition on the green underline for navigation links
- :hover and transition outline on the text/password boxes
- box-shadow on the text/password boxes on :focus
autofocus on the username box on page-load for simple user-experience streamlining